Post #4: A funny or important moment of your childhood

When I was a child, I was one of those incredibly energetic kids. I used to play and run all the time, no matter where I was. And one of my favorite things to do, at that time, was playing soccer. But at the first schools I went to, I couldn´t play because my male classmates didn’t let me, for one simple reason… I was a girl. And girls are not allowed to play soccer. So, in Sport class or recess of those years of school, most of the time I was angered, sad, or frustrated. Due to every time I wanted to play, first I argued with my male classmates or second, they didn´t let me play.

But everything changes when I attended to last school. I was in my first class of Sports, and I asked to the teacher if I could play soccer with my male classmates. To my surprise, he said yes! and even my male classmates agreed, despite the shock and confusion in their faces. For me, that moment was very significant in my life. Because finally I have been able to do what I want to, and be true with myself. After that, I played every time with my classmates and I was the only girl playing soccer in the class, but I didn’t care really.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a joy that you could finally play soccer. It is horrible the way we were deprived of that freedom in school, in my school there was no soccer for women. Now i play in college and i love it, but it is sad to feel that i could learn so much more when i was younger.

      Delete
    2. omg I use to play soccer too!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post #7 Changes to my study programme

Post #8: English Language Challenges

Post #2: My best holidays